Wall Art For Your Bedroom: All You Need To Know
For most people, their bedroom is one of the most private spaces at home. It is nothing short of a sanctuary that you disappear into at the end of the day to relax, unwind and get a good night’s sleep. To keep the cozy vibes of your bedroom, it is important to not overwhelm the space with unnecessary furniture. However, your bedroom should have some decor elements that can add to the aesthetics of the space and help maintain its tranquillity.
One of the best decors that you can introduce into your bedroom is wall art. The right wall art can transform your room into what you envision it to be a perfect haven made just for you. Art breathes life into a space, so don’t cut corners. Before you go ahead and buy the first canvas painting you see online, take some time to understand your space and what you want to do with it.
Choosing wall art for your bedroom
For some people, the bedroom is a calm and nurturing space, while others may consider it a place of love and passion. So, it is important to find wall art like canvas paintings, prints, or photographs that convey the feeling they wish to experience.
To help you find the right wall art for your bedroom, here are a few things to consider-
- Determine the available space in your bedroom. If you have a fairly large, well-lit bedroom with huge wall space, you can opt for a big statement piece or even full wall art. For smaller rooms, it is better to choose medium-sized wall arts after carefully measuring your available wall space.
- Opt for paintings or prints that display a positive message. When you are hanging wall art in your bedroom, it should be something that makes you happy and puts you at ease.
- Choose an artwork that you like and can connect with on a deeper level. If you are a fan of abstract paintings and like to interpret them in your way, choose such a piece for your bedroom.
- To maintain the aesthetics of your bedroom, the art you choose should sync with the color theme of the room. Having a repeating color in the interiors- from the floorboards, and bedspreads to the art hanging on the wall - can bring a certain elegance to the space and increases the impact of the room.
- Choose the theme of the painting depending upon the vibe you are going for. For instance, if you are looking to create a sense of calm and peace, opt for sceneries in soft pastels or neutral tone abstract paintings. On the other hand, if you wish to add a pop of color to depict fun and passion, you can opt for abstract paintings showcasing hues like pink and red. However, it is best to refrain from bringing controversial themed paintings or images into your bedroom as they tend to be distracting and drain energy from the room.
Hanging wall art in your bedroom
When it comes to positioning the artwork in your bedroom, here are the things to be considered-
- Ideally, the artwork must be hung at eye level to have maximum impact. See if you can position the center of the wall art at eye level from your usual viewpoint in the room.
- If you are planning to hang a painting above a bed or sofa, ensure that the bottom edge of the piece, including the frame, is at least 6 t0 12 inches above the furniture.
- If you find it distracting to hang wall art above your bed, you can place it on either side of your bed. Buying bed linen that matches the color of the painting will also create a stunning visual treat for your bedroom.
Where to buy wall art in the UAE
If you are looking to buy handmade canvas paintings and luxury canvas prints in the UAE, check out our website today. Our unique collection of locally sourced paintings and prints will be a stunning addition to your bedroom decor. Contact us today for custom orders.